Thursday, November 3, 2011

Look Who's Two!!!

Dear Cambria,

Wow - two years old! I can hardly believe the time has passed so quickly. When I look at this picture above of you in your new two year old body I am overcome with so many different emotions: an immense amount of love and adoration, sadness, fear and never ending amounts of joy and happiness. Let me explain...

Love. You are my definition of love. Every time I look at you I grow more in love with you. I think everyone that comes in contact with you loves you just as much as me. When we had your two year pictures taken (the photo above is one from this shoot) the photographer even said that you "stole a piece of her heart". You have that way about you. You are sweet, funny, caring, inquisitive, strong willed and becoming more and more independent by the day. There's really no other way to describe how much I love you. I just want you to know forever that I will love and adore you just as much in the future as I do today.

Sadness. Although I love to see you grow and change it makes me a little bit sad at the same time. In the two years since your birth our little family has been through a whole lot medical wise. Between taking care of your Daddy and you I feel as though I may not have enjoyed every moment with you as I should have. This makes me a bit sad. I wish I had a rewind button and could go back to relive and cherish every moment again and again. Also - as I'm sure every Mom agrees, it's just plain hard for me to watch my little grow up. Can't I just freeze you and keep you little for a while longer?

Fear. Look at you - you are ADORABLE. This scares me. Some day some boy is going to think the same thing and Daddy and I are going to be in trouble. I also fear that as you grow you will encounter mean people and things in this world and I want to save you from all of that. I fear that you will be let down and encounter sadness as you grow and change. Although I know its a normal part of growing up this gives me, your Mom, great fear. I NEVER want to see my little girl sad, hurt, broken hearted, etc.

Lastly, never ending amounts of joy and happiness. Look at your smile - you are the definition of joy and happiness. Despite all of your hospitalizations (SVT, cellulitis, strep infection, ear tubes, tonsils/adenoids removed) you are so happy and content. You are the most resilient and trusting two year old I know. You see the good in people and already at only two years old you show caring and compassion for others. Whenever someone needs a smile you are right there to offer one. It brings me so much joy and happiness to watch you learn new things. You LOVE to read and explore nature outside. Although you are becoming more and more independent you are still most happiest when Mommy and Daddy are close by. You have brought more joy and happiness into my life in the past two years than I ever could have imagined.

Cambria, thank you from the bottom of my heart for teaching me so much about life and love in the past two years. I could not have asked God to have given me a more perfect daughter. You are my WHOLE world! Happy 2nd birthday - I love you!!!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment