Sunday, October 11, 2009

Maternity Leave, Here I Come!!


It's official - my desk is empty and clean and my round table in my office is filled with my sub plans for my first week out. I am officially on maternity leave!! I will be honest in saying that I'm a little nervous about being away from work for SO long. The longest I have been away from that building in the last 4 years was during summer breaks when I was gone for four or five weeks at a time. This will be weird being gone for an entire 9 weeks and knowing that while I'm gone, the show must go on. I know my kids are in good hands though.
Now I can rest, relax and impatiently wait for our little Cambria to arrive now that all of my work at work is finished until I return in December or January (I'm not really sure when I'm going back yet...my bank account tells me one thing but my heart tells me another. The saying is to always follow your heart, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'll end up taking as much time as I possibly can to stay home with my daughter and the bank account will have to suffer.) The burning question is - will she wait until Thursday when I am scheduled to be induced or will she decide she wants to come on her own time before that? Whenever she decides, Mommy is definitely on maternity leave now and ready to be a Mommy full time for a few months!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment