Thursday, April 15, 2010

6 Month Letter

Dear Cambria,

Today you are 6 months old. It is hard to believe that you are now officially closer to being 1 year old than you are to the day you were born. You grow so much and change so much each day that I try to do nothing but soak you in so that I will always remember what you looked like at all of the difference stages of your infancy.

This past month has been a busy one for you. As always, you've reached some new milestones and we've been on lots of adventures. You are beginning to sit up all by yourself, although you still need Mommy and Daddy right there to support you in case you fall. You roll over now from your back to your belly and you're quite proud of it. You still LOVE standing and you have such STRONG little legs. You have many tickle spots: under your arms, your back, in the folds of your neck, your thighs, your belly. We LOVE tickling you and hearing your laughs and squeals of excitement.

As always you and me (Mommy) keep busy every day. We run errands, visit with friends, go to play group, go to Doctor's appointments, etc. This past month you had a few very important adventures too. The first was that you had your very first Easter. Along with celebrating your first Easter you took your first trip into DC to attend Easter Church at the Basilica of the National Shrine followed by brunch in Old Town Alexandria. You were an angel the entire time and you slept ALL through church. We couldn't have ordered better behavior had we tried. Your other very big adventure was your baptism. You finally became a baptized Christian child of God and you were baptized by Father Peter, who also married Mommy and Daddy. It was a VERY special day with lots of friends and family there to witness your big moment. You were so well behaved for that as well. You enjoyed having the warm water poured over your head. I think it reminded you of bath time and we all know how you LOVE bath time!!

I still can't believe that 6 months has gone by so quickly. I always get all teary eyed writing you these letters partly because of all of the great memories I have from the past month with you and partly because it makes me a little sad that they are just that, memories, and I will never be able to rewind and relive all of these wonderful moments with you again. You are growing so quickly into such a beautiful, loving and joyous little girl. You are the light of my life and the sparkle in my eye.

Thank you, Cambria, for teaching me so much about unconditional love and the special bond between a Mommy and her daughter. I can't wait for all of the fun memories that the next month has in store for us. Always know how much Daddy and I love you and how proud we are of you every single day. Keep growing my big girl, keep growing!! Happy 6 month birthday!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment