Wednesday, September 9, 2009

34 Weeks

Dear Cambria,

This week I have done a lot of wondering in regards to you. I do a lot of my 'wondering' when I'm driving to/from work and also when I'm at work and can't focus on what I should (I know, I know, I'm a bad teacher lately).

I wonder what/who you will look like. Will you have china eyes like I did when I was born or will you be round and plump like your Daddy? Will you have dark hair, light hair, or even red hair (like Daddy's beard)? I hope you look more like your Daddy, but he hopes that you look more like Mommy.

I wonder what your personality will be like. Will you be a laid back baby or will you be very cranky and constantly screaming? As you grow into your own little person, will you be shy and keep to yourself like Mommy or will you be outgoing and very friendly like your Daddy? Once again, I hope you're more like your Daddy in this regard. He is a definite people person!

I wonder when you will decide to grace us with your presence. Will you come in the late hours of the night or will you show up early/mid day and be ready to party all night? Will you keep Mommy in labor for a long time or will you be a little girl who likes to get things done and arrive very quickly? (Pst, Mom prefers to speedy arrival, please.) Will you come before, on or after your due date?

There are just so many things that you have me wondering about and you're not even here yet. I can only imagine the wondering and day dreaming that I will do once you are here with us. I guess that's one of the MANY side effects of being a mother - I think for the rest of my life I will constantly be wondering and thinking about you. According to the pregnancy books I read, you are about 5 pounds now. I can't even believe that a 5 pound person that I have never seen (except via ultrasound) has already captured my heart the way you have.

I wonder, will you love me half as much as I already love you?

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment