Tuesday, November 3, 2009

SHE'S HERE!!!

Okay - so I am well aware that I am REALLY delayed in posting that our baby girl has arrived. Motherhood has been no easy task, but I am determined to keep up with my blog (notice the change in blog title from "Patiently Waiting For Cambria" to "Patiently Raising Cambria").




Cambria Leigh Sakshaug was born on October 15th at 5:11 PM and she weighed in at 7 pounds 14 ounces and was 20 inches long. I was induced at 6:30 AM on October 15th and after waiting it out and going 'natural' as far as I could, I graciously took the epidural around noon and it was smooth sailing from there. I pushed for about an hour before our precious baby girl was born. I can't even begin to describe the love, joy and overwhelming feeling that overtook me as soon as I laid eyes on her. I think my exact quote on the phone to my mother was, "She is the most perfect little girl in the entire world"...I still stick by that quote!!

The past two and a half weeks have FLOWN by and I can't believe that our baby girl will be 3 weeks old in two more days. Becoming a mother has been the most difficult yet rewarding thing I have ever done in my life. I can't count the number of times that I just look at my daughter and cry out of pure love. I love her beyond words and just looking at her and knowing that my husband and I made this perfect little miracle is the most amazing thing that I have ever experienced.

Here is a picture of Cambria at 2 weeks old. I find it hard to believe how much she has grown already. Unfortunately I know there's nothing I can do to stop her from growing so quickly, so instead I will just have to make sure that I have the camera ready at all times to capture all of her precious baby moments the best that I can.




Stay tuned for LOTS of Cambria updates!!

No comments:

Post a Comment