Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tummy Time!

Cambria has started her daily tummy time routine. Usually a couple times throughout the day I lay her on her tummy in order to give her that 'exercise' she needs to strengthen her head and neck muscles.

At first I was unsure of how Cami would react to tummy time, but she seems to quite like it. When I first lay her down she usually goes to town and she lifts her head, turns her head from side to side and looks all around.



She usually is on the floor anywhere between 5 - 10 minutes before she finally gives up. The below picture is one of my favorites. During this particular tummy time session, Cambria was working so hard at holding her head up and she finally put it down for maybe 15 seconds. After getting down on my hands and knees to encourage her to continue to work hard at lifting that head up I realized she was FAST asleep. Poor little thing - she fell asleep on the job!



The good news is that there's always tomorrow when Cambria can rest assured that there will be more opportunities for tummy time!

No comments:

Post a Comment