Friday, January 29, 2010

Nap Time

I am going to be VERY honest with you - Cambria is an AWFUL napper. I am not quite sure whose fault that is: Cambria's or Mommy's. From the minute she was brought home from the hospital we have allowed her to sleep whenever she wants wherever she wants. I am beginning to think now that was probably not the best Mommy decision I have made.

A couple times recently I have put Cami upstairs in her crib in an attempt to implement 'nap time' with little to no success thus far. The first time I tried this Cami slept for 15 minutes and then woke up screaming and would NOT go back to sleep. Another time she kicked and played in her crib for an hour (not crying or whining at all so I just let her go) and then finally she fell asleep after an hour of playtime only for me to have to wake her up 30 minutes later to feed her.

Why can't this nap time just pan out as perfectly as I would like it? My dream would be to feed Cami, have her play for an hour and then lay her down for a 2 hour afternoon nap. Is that too much to ask?! I think I have created a napping monster. Hey - at least she sleeps through the night. I guess I have to look on the bright side!

No comments:

Post a Comment