Sunday, January 24, 2010

Reflux


You may be wondering why I am posting a picture of rice cereal next to a bottle of medicine. The answer is that these two items have been our saving grace for the past week for our little Cami's reflux that she has.

After countless feedings where Cambria did nothing but arch her back and scream when we tried to feed her (even after only eating a couple ounces at her last feeding) I knew something was up and took her to the Doctor. After venting all of my frustrations to the Doctor she told me she had all of the signs of reflux. She suggested we thicken her bottles with rice cereal to help with the reflux in hopes that we wouldn't have to go the medication route. The cereal did help, but after a couple of days it was almost as if her body got used to it and we were right back to the beginning again. I called the Doctor back and told them we were still having a difficult time and they finally prescribed us Zantac.

Now she is taking Zantac three times a day and we are still thickening her bottles with rice cereal and it really seems to be doing the trick. I am keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed that this duo continues to work so well for our little angel. I HATE seeing her in pain when she is clearly starving and wanting to eat. Last night she was in bed by 9:15 with a full belly of almost 7 ounces. All I have to say is: Thank you cereal and medicine for helping Cami, Mommy and Daddy to get some of their sanity back!

No comments:

Post a Comment