Monday, March 15, 2010

5 Months Old!

Dear Cambria,

Today you are 5 months old! Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday we were bringing you home from the hospital but at the same time it feels like you have accomplished SO much since my last letter to you at 3 months.

Over the past two months you have been very busy doing lots of 'firsts'. First long road trip (to Rochester), you rolled over from your tummy to your back, tried your first solid foods, had your first fever and really bad cold that was accompanied by a nasty cough, first walk in your baby bjorn, first nap in your crib, and I'm sure there are tons more that I just can't think of right now.

Although you are still a picky eater things are starting to get better. You are now eating 4 bottles a day and taking anywhere between 7-8 ounces on average in each bottle. You get oatmeal in the mornings and you get a vegetable in the evenings. I am excited to start you on fruits soon. I am hoping you are like your Mommy and Daddy and you will LOVE fruits and that will open up a whole new world for you in terms of food.

You are definitely Daddy's girl. You are obsessed with your Daddy and I will catch you smiling and gazing at him from across the room. You squeal in excitement and anticipation of Daddy coming to pick you up and play with you. I think your favorite part of the day is when Daddy comes home from work and you get a big hug from him because you always get a HUGE smile on your face.

You are definitely our little Princess and we can't imagine our life without you in it. This morning as you laid on our bed cooing after your bottle I got down on my knees and prayed. I prayed for the gift of your life, the joy you have brought to us, your continued health and the fight that God gave you to overcome all that you have had to deal with over the last 5 months. I could not be more blessed to have such an amazing baby. I love you Cambria Leigh. Happy 5 month birthday!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment