Monday, May 10, 2010

First Mother's Day

Yesterday was my very first Mother's Day with our precious Cambria and it could not have been more perfect.

I started out the day by (insert loud GASP here) sleeping in! Jon got up with Cami, gave Cami her heart medicine and her morning bottle and didn't wake me at all. It was so wonderful to not have to jump right out of bed to the sound of a fussy baby and hit the ground running for the day. Although all of the early mornings and giving up sleeping in are SO worth it, it was SO nice to sleep in for a change on my special day.

Once I finally got up about 9 it was about time for Cami to take her morning nap so I snuck in about a million kisses in 10 minutes and then put her down for her nap. Jon and I got to spend some time together planning out the rest of our day and it was so nice to just relax for a bit together.

We decided to go to lunch and do some shopping for ME in the afternoon and that's exactly what we did. It was a gorgeous day to be out and about and Cami was an excellent and patient little shopper while Mommy tried on lots of clothes in an attempt to find a few things for the summer that she feels good about wearing (sigh....why can't I lose the last of this baby weight??). Shopping was a success and I found some cute things for summer and our beach trip next month.

We ended the day by heading over to my parents house as my sister cooked my Mom and I a VERY delicious shrimp pasta dinner. It was nice to be able to see my own Mother on Mothers Day and let her know how appreciated and loved she is.

I couldn't have asked for a better day! I sure do LOVE being a Mother!!!

P.S. - All day yesterday I wore this gorgeous new ring below. This is my first Mother's Day gift from Cami and Jon. What a gorgeous ring with Cami's birthstone. It will forever be special to me and I look forward to passing it onto her someday too.

No comments:

Post a Comment