Wednesday, June 24, 2009

23 Weeks!!

Dear Cambria,

As of today I am 23 weeks pregnant with you. Wow - it seems like just yesterday that I took that test and got a very dark "+" followed by many digital tests that gave me the wonderful word "Pregnant" over and over again. I will never forget the surge of emotions that initially went through my head. First it was "Oh my god, we did it!" followed by "Wow - I am FINALLY going to be a Mommy" and all of those thoughts were accompanied with HAPPY tears! I will never forget waking your Daddy up and telling him that we were going to have you. We are overjoyed at your impending arrival into the world in October.

So, for the past 23 weeks you have been growing and your Daddy and I continue to patiently wait for you to get big and strong enough to come and join our family. Just recently in the last few weeks I feel you moving inside of me ALL of the time and I love it! I love knowing that you are swimming away in there (your Gpa wants you to be a swimmer and based off of your arm and leg movements I think you're well on your way). Every time I feel you kick or flip it warms my heart and my bond with you gets stronger.

Last night your Daddy finally got to feel you kick. It wasn't a big kick, but he said he definitely felt it and that made me VERY happy. I have a theory that you are so calmed by your Daddy's voice that when he talks to you, your little body immediately settles down and you lay still, mezmorized by his voice and love for you. Well - last night you finally wiggled some while he was talking to you, so thankfully he got to feel a small 'kick'. Maybe now he'll begin to believe me more often when I tell him you're rolling around inside of me. He loves you so much and you couldn't ask for a better Daddy!

Cami, please continue to stay safe in there and continue to grow bigger, stronger and more beautiful with each passing day. Your entire family (including your Parents, Grandparents, Great Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and of course we can't forget...your dog, Gus) can't wait to meet you come October. Thank you for giving me the most amazing 23 weeks of my life so far. Since I've been a little girl I've wanted nothing more than to be your Mommy someday! I love you!

Love,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meghan, This is Robin. I work with Jon. Sorry I missed you at the "after work " gathering yesterday. As I have gotten to know Jon over the last couple of years, I feel like I know you as well. I am so touched by your inspiring blog about Cambria. Your expressions brought tears to my eyes. She is so loved. I have three sons and one daughter. There is a very special bond between a father and daughter (not to mention shopping, prom, make-up, 7-Eleven/slurpies, McDonalds, and Chipote) ;o). For the next few months, you and Jon sharing this special time with each other is very important. When Cambria arrives and the two of you become parents, your lives will change. Be sure you continue to make special time for each other. After Cambria is born, time will pass quickly. The time you spend with your daughter will be very important. And, as parents, the time you spend with each other will be equally if not more important. Above all else, teaching her about Jesus and His love will always bring even more joy to your family. I am so proud and excited for both of you. You are a special couple and will be wonderful parents. I was teasing Jon, asking if he was planning to purchase a guitar and amp or computer game for her. Continue to take care of yourself and enjoy your time away from work. I look forward to meeting you. All three of you are in my prayers. God bless you. Robin Fields

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cambria...
    You are blessed beyond your imagination already with so much love in your family! Your Mommy's special notes to you in her blog...(that always seem to make me cry...) and all that your Mommy and Daddy are doing to prepare for your arrival make me sooo proud! We LOVE watching you grow as your Mommy's tummy grows! :-) Your Gma Mc is filled with JOY and LOTS of excitement and emotion waiting for you! I was blessed with having three beautiful daughters.... beautiful inside and out... and I just know your Mommy and Daddy are going to enjoy the same love and pride that your Gpa and I have enjoyed with our three fabulous "little girls". So my little darling..I can't wait to hold you..rock you..sing to you...be there for you...kiss your cheeks zillions...read to you...walk with you..shop with you...hug you and tickle you...but mostly I can't wait to enjoy watching your special Mommy and Daddy love you and care for you every day. Your Mommy has indeed dreamed of your arrival forever....and she will be the bestest Mommy in the world!! xoxxo Love you forever...Gma

    ReplyDelete