Thursday, August 27, 2009

32 Week Letter

Dear Cambria,

Another week has come and gone and as always, it's so hard to believe! This week I have been very busy at work and you have just been along for the ride. I have been getting many more comments lately too from students and coworkers about the size of you (and my belly), so obviously they are all noticing how much you've grown lately. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticing how big you're getting, but at the same time I'm not sure how I feel about some of the comments that I get either. I do know that I love the fact that each day that passes brings me one day closer to meeting your beautiful face!!

This week your Daddy bought a baby carrier for you from someone at work. He is a little nervous about how he's going to carry you anywhere (to walk the dog, go inside Best Buy, go to the mall, etc.). Not only is he worried about the functionality of carrying you - but you know your Daddy, and he's definitely worried about carrying you in style too! The sling that Mommy got for you is too 'girly' according to your Daddy and so he needed something a little more 'manly' that he would be comfortable carrying you in. Tonight we both tried on the new carrier he purchased and we were getting so excited just thinking of having you inside it so we can go places as a family!

I also want to thank you for something this week. I want to thank you for allowing me to get a little bit more sleep than you have been in the past few weeks. For a while you were a little ninja at night and you would just beat me up all night long, thus keeping me wide awake. This past week you have been more calm at night and so I have been able to sleep in longer stretches (at least until my bladder wakes me up from your little head pushing on it). Last night I slept from 9:30 PM - 2:00 AM without waking up once and it was GLORIOUS! I pray that you continue to cooperate a little in this department so that when you do decide to make your arrival into this world I am a little bit rested for the many sleepless nights that lie ahead of me!

As you continue to grow your Daddy and I continue to patiently wait for your arrival in 8 short weeks (or less possibly - your GMa predicts you'll be born on October 17th). I will admit that the closer we get to your due date the more impatiently we wait, but we know that you need to continue to bake for a while longer so that you will come out as strong and healthy as possible. All I ask is that you don't weigh as much as your Daddy when he was born. Having a 9 pound baby scares me! One thing is for sure though; we will (and already do) love you with everything that we have!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

  1. I'll put my money down on October 12... just a gut feeling... maybe 7 lbs. 15 oz... :) Just can't wait to meet my new niece! Guinevere wants to meet her new baby cousin!

    ReplyDelete