Sunday, August 30, 2009

Peaceful!



This afternoon I did something that was new to me. I washed all of Cambria's 0-3 months sized clothes in preparation for really getting her drawers and closet in her nursery organized. Usually I HATE doing to the laundry. Today was the exact opposite.

As I was folding her clothes (and some receiving blankets, little mittens, etc.) I found myself off in my own world and in complete peace! I found myself smiling as I picked up little onesies. It so suddenly didn't matter that today is Sunday and I have to go back to work tomorrow. Washing and folding her clothes made it that much more real that in less than 8 weeks our little Princess will be here.

After I folded all of her clothes I carefully carried them upstairs and spent a good half hour by myself in her nursery just loving life. I put her clothes away and organized some things and all the while I was in total bliss. I still feel like I need to pinch myself and remind myself every now and then that this is real. Maybe I just need to do baby laundry more often, especially on Sunday's, so it helps put things into perspective for me going into the work week. Who knew laundry could bring someone so much peace and bliss?

No comments:

Post a Comment