Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Little Pumpkin...



When my Mom and I were shopping this weekend we came across this most adorable pumpkin costume for a newborn. It only seems fitting that Cami dress up as a pumpkin for her first Halloween since that's what she's making her Mommy look like lately.

I swear that my stomach has grown a ton overnight. Today at work I was so uncomfortable and even sitting didn't help to make me feel better. In fact, whenever I sat down today I felt as though someone was squeezing my chest and restricting me from breathing. Oh wait - that's right, someone (someone we plan to name Cambria) is pushing up on my chest and making it difficult to breathe!

Then there's the awful heartburn that has been making an ugly appearance lately. Usually I can deal pretty well with the heartburn but lately it's been an all day and all night affair and it is NOT fun or doable much longer. This morning as I was getting ready for work I dropped my brush on the floor. As I bent over to pick it up, which was a show in itself, I experienced the most burning sensation in my chest that I have ever had to deal with. For a minute I panicked that something was seriously wrong with me until it settled in that I am 32 weeks pregnant and that it's totally normal under these circumstances. Tums will remain my best friend for the next 8 weeks, that's for sure!

Okay - so back to the pumpkin. Our little pumpkin continues to grow each day and based on my belly size I am SURE of that! I guess I don't mind her making me look more and more like a pumpkin for the next 2 months under ONE condition: She must make her exit in time for Halloween so that the roles can be reversed.

Cambria, on Halloween night you better be born and ready to get dressed up as Mommy's Little Pumpkin. Your costume is adorable, ready and waiting! I can't wait to see you and I know neither can the rest of your family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment