Sunday, August 2, 2009

Busy Weekend!






This weekend FLEW by but it was great! Friday night Jon and I just relaxed around the house and I was in bed before 10:00...it was FABULOUS! I needed to rest up for my big Virginia Baby Shower that took place on Saturday anyway.

Saturday was a whirlwind. It was SO busy yet SO fun and exhausting all rolled into one. We had our last baby shower and we were definitely showered with plenty of great gifts. Some of the gifts that we received were: Bassinet, Pack-N-Play, Bumbo Seat, lots of baby clothes, baby bath tub along with all essentials (towels, toys, shampoo, lotion, brush, etc.), homemade bibs and blankets, the rest of what we needed for Cami's bedding (crib mattress pad, crib sheets, multipurpose waterproof pads, changing table pad and covers, hamper, etc.). I think we are now officially set with all of the essentials that we would need for in the house when we bring Cami home from the hospital. The only thing Jon and I REALLY need to purchase before she comes is our Travel System that includes stroller, carseat and base and then we'll be all ready. YAY!

Today I have been extra lazy and it's been superb! I woke up and lounged around until about 11 when Jon's family left and then at noon I went back to sleep. Yes, it's official...the 3rd trimester exhaustion has set in. I slept from 12-2 and then Jon and I went to do some errands. Since we've gotten home I have started to sort and put away some stuff from the shower yesterday. I also started the laundry for this week since I know every day this week I will come home way too tired to do laundry.

Tomorrow is the first day of school for the kids. For some reason I am not nervous at all for this year to start. I think that may be because I have other things on my mind (like giving birth to our first child in a few months). I think being pregnant and now starting my own family with Jon has really put things into perspective. Work is just work but family is my whole life. Therefore, I am so laid back today about the first day of school tomorrow that I don't have the typical jitters that I normally get. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

That's all for tonight. Here are a few pictures from the shower and this weekend. I LOVE the picture of little Guinevere hugging my belly and telling her new cousin that she loves her and can't wait for her to get here to play. I feel the SAME way! :-) Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment