Wednesday, July 29, 2009

28 Week Dr. Appointment...

Today was my big 28 week check up to see how Cami is doing and to take the wonderful glucose test. I promised yesterday that I would let you know how the fruit punch cocktail was, so here goes...The truth is, it really wasn't too bad. It honestly just tasted like regular fruit punch but with some added sugar. The hardest part was drinking it all within 5 minutes, but I managed to do just fine. I had my blood drawn at my appointment and they said that my blood work will be back tomorrow morning and if I don't hear from them by 1:00 tomorrow afternoon that I can know that everything turned out normal. I will keep my fingers crossed that it was all normal so I don't have to go back for the 3 hour glucose test.

The rest of the appointment was great too; well, other than the part when they make me weigh in but I ALWAYS hate that part. First the Dr. measured my stomach and wrote something down in my chart but didn't say anything to me about it. So, being the curious pregnant woman that I am asked her how I measured today. She informed me that at all of my previous appointments I was measuring completely average but that today Cami was measuring a little ahead of schedule - YIKES!!!! I am so glad that she had a growth spurt but I am begging her to go back to measuring average so that I don't have to A) give birth early or B) give birth to a 10 pound baby.

I also told the Dr. that since my last appointment Cambria has been hanging out in the right side of my stomach. She said that's totally normal and when they do hear from pregnant women that their babies are hanging out on one side it's ALWAYS the right side for some reason. I then asked her if she could tell what position Cami is in (head up or down). She felt around and said that her head it way down low and her feet are straight up by my ribs so she's doing a little handstand in my belly. Obviously she could flip numerous times before birth, but if she were to stay this way we'd be in good positioning for her birth.

That's about it for now. I now go back to see the Dr. in 3 weeks and then after that it will be every 2 weeks until I get to be 35 weeks when I will go every single week until she arrives. We're in the home stretch.....bring it on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment